We have the Right Equipment
U-Haul is the only truck rental company that works with manufacturers to design a truck specifically for household moving. This means U-Haul trucks are built lower to the ground, have rounded corners, chassis skirts, comfort cabs and a multitude of other special options to make each truck easy to load, comfortable to drive and efficient on fuel.
- All U-Haul trucks 15’ and larger plus the pickup truck have seatbelts for three. The cargo vans and 10’ truck have comfortable bucket seats with seatbelts for two.
- Our patented mirrors and large cabs allow for better visibility while driving.
- Only U-Haul trucks have rub-rails on all three walls of the box allowing you to tie your furniture in to prevent it from shifting.
- The exclusive space above the trucks cab—called a Mom's Attic®—is great for fragile items and electronics. Again, rub-rails on all three walls to secure the items in place.
Ease of Loading and Unloading
- All U-Haul moving trucks are engineered to get the loading deck as close to the ground as possible so loading your boxes and furniture takes half the work compared to loading a freight truck.
- All U-Haul trucks 15’ and larger have a sturdy loading ramp to help you load and unload heavy items.
- All U-Haul trucks use regular unleaded fuel which is 3X more convenient than diesel fuel and cleaner on the environment.
- U-Haul trucks feature a low profile design with enhanced aerodynamics which improves fuel efficiency.
Learn some of the best moving tips and time saving advice on U-haul youtube channel